Food Waste Diversion Driver
We’re looking for somebody who is passionate about reducing waste to join our Grow Compost team. The position will divert food scraps by operating our fleet of late model under-cdl box trucks, picking up food waste material from Vermont and New Hampshire, and delivering it to farms, compost facilities and anaerobic digesters across the region. Experience operating large vehicles is required along with a DOT medical card.
- Safe and efficient operation of under CDL trucks
- Conduct daily pre and post trip inspections
- Swap totes at customer locations
- Dump totes at receiving facilities
- Make note of and remove contaminants in food scrap materials
- Record pertinent information using electronic devices
- Communicate respectfully with customers and the public
- Consistently service our customers with a smile!
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have a clean driving record
- Have at least 1 year of experience operating large vehicles
- Possess or can obtain a DOT medical card
- Are able to move 48 gallon wheeled compost totes weighing in excess of 200 pounds
- Must pass drug tests
Food Waste Diversion Driver Trainee
Put your passion for sustainability to work. We’re searching for individuals who have a passion for sustainability and want to get into the growing field of composting. Our Trainee program is a chance to get paid to gain the skills necessary to join our dedicated team on a permanent basis. A clean driver’s licence, drug testing, and positive attitude are required.
- Washing totes
- Mixing/bagging bioblend
- Washing/cleaning trucks
- Participating in basic preventative maintenance and repairs to trucks and equipment
- Assisting drivers on routes and during tipping
- Documenting and addressing contamination issues
The driver trainee position will be a maximum of six months.
Equipment Operator – Part-time
Our Equipment operators craft our exceptional compost and soils. The ideal applicant will have at least 1 year of experience operating heavy equipment, including wheel loaders, excavators, and skid-steers. We’re looking for somebody who has the skills, attitude and attention to detail to make great compost. This is a 20 hour per week position, with the potential for additional hours during the spring season. This position may be combined with another part-time position.
Mechanic/Fabricator – Part-time
Our Mechanics and Fabricators are responsible for keeping our fleet running smoothly, and building the specialized equipment we rely on to keep our business growing. The successful applicant will have significant experience (does not need to be formal training) maintaining heavy equipment and solid metal fabrication skills (welding skills a must). This is a 20 hour per week position and may be combined with another part time position.
Laborer – Part-time
Multiple position, hours and days flexible
Should be able to lift 50 pounds and have a positive attitude in all weather conditions.
After school positions are available.
Inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 802-882-8154, please do not stop by to apply.